Question:
What is wrong with my computer?!
2008-08-09 10:16:32 UTC
I can't click on certain buttons on some sites. It used to work. Then I got my computer reformatted. Now when i put my mouse on it and click on it, it says javascript:;....
HELP ME PLEASE!
Two answers:
2008-08-09 10:22:14 UTC
Go to

http://java.sun.com/

Downloads
daivoxx
2008-08-09 17:23:59 UTC
It sounds like you may potentially have JavaScript turned off. I don't know if you're using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or something else, but if you play with the options for each, you'll eventually find where JavaScript can be turned on or off. If that doesn't fix the problem and you're on Windows 2000/XP (not Vista), head over to djlizard.net, download Dial-A-Fix, and use that to re-register all the relevant system libraries quickly.

Failing all that, if you're on XP with Internet Explorer 7, go to the Add/Remove Programs control panel and "uninstall" Windows Internet Explorer 7. That will roll it back to IE6, and may fix the problem. You can always reinstall IE7 after removal.