Question:
My home pc died. Im having a technician come this monday but I can't explain the problem. Any ideas?
Equinox
2006-09-22 23:57:33 UTC
When I turned on the pc, the monitor goes on, I can hear the cpu go activate itself. But after the Windows XP logo turns off, it starts booting up again. Anyone with any idea what went wrong with this? My anti-virus is updated, my scanware, adware are also updated and enabled. But my pc won't kick in. It just turns black after the logo leaves the monitor. I'm not very well versed with technical terms but what's wrong with my pc? It was running fine last night when I closed it.
Six answers:
*ღ♥۩ THEMIS ۩♥ღ*
2006-09-23 00:06:56 UTC
The one and only time I came across this problem, we had to replace the hard drive!
RussianMike
2006-09-23 00:13:41 UTC
Yes! It's a Virus Called Dump mem.

Before Windows Boots Press F8.

Then choose safe mode

After You will boot windows in safe mode log in as administrator

then press Start>RUN>

Type: "msconfig"

then In a opened windows choose startup Tab

There Unceck anything that says dump/

click apply.

restart computer

Done!!!
bhupen
2006-09-23 00:14:26 UTC
Can you boot windows in Safe Mode ? Switch Power on, then start tapping the F8 key untill you see a menu, pick the Safe mode menu option from there, hit enter key, see if your computer boots.

Have a great day Monday!
Derek
2006-09-23 00:02:01 UTC
Probably a hardware problem (sound, video or anything WinXP uses that DOS does not), you will probably have to drop a lot cash to get it fixed. But you never know, it could be something so simple that it will be fixed in 5 minutes
interested_party
2006-09-23 00:00:21 UTC
there is probably something wrong with your motherboard!
BlackPantherNightmare
2006-09-23 00:00:00 UTC
.

Just sit down with him and show him what's wrong.

PHANWA IN THE MACHINE