Question:
Where do responses to my MS Office/Word emails go?
Im2hard2please
2010-02-26 07:41:48 UTC
Sometimes when I click on "contact us" in various websites my MS Office/Word their email program (I didn't even know MS Word contained email) pops up with the address of that particular website in the "From" box of an email.

Question: If I go ahead and enter a subject and a question in the appropriate boxes...and let's suppose this email is answered by "someone" at that website I was visiting and wanted to contact with a question...........where does the answer to my email go when I click on send button?

I'm never been asked for my yahoo email address. I use Yahoo and gmail for my emails.....nothing else.

Thanks
Three answers:
2010-02-26 08:52:34 UTC
The mailto: link on their site (which is what you clicked) is opening your default email program (Outlook?), which is using Word as the editor. Their replies will go to the From: address you have set in your email program, unless you have a different Reply To: header set. IOW, they'll go to the same place responses to all your other emails go.

(If a company doesn't do their emailing directly from their site - IOW, not popping up your email program - it doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about the company. Doing email right on a website is trivial. If they can't get that right, what else are they getting wrong?)
kimcord_99
2010-02-26 07:53:28 UTC
whats opening is an email application on your local machine. You need to configure it to use your yahoo or gmail or any other email address otherwise it wont work. Your email wont be sent anywhere. The person receiving the email will get it from what ever email account you configured.
?
2010-02-26 07:45:06 UTC
To Microsoft Office company

they do have alot of employees you know and there have so many stores in all countries