Question:
How can I import thunderbird messages?
2008-02-14 10:44:43 UTC
My computer is sectioned off into three user accounts. I need to import thunderbird e-mails from thunderbird in one account to thunderbird in another, but I can't find any instructions on how to do this.
Thank you in advance
Three answers:
andy t
2008-02-14 10:49:14 UTC
thunderbird 5 can read any signaL from anywhere on any frequency

F.A.B.!
zoomjet
2008-02-14 19:04:58 UTC
If you've set Thunderbird to leave incoming email messages on the server, then it's simply a matter of installing Thunderbird again and re-downloading the emails

other options

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Synchronizing_mail_on_two_computers_(Thunderbird)

this method looks complicated to me

http://techknack.blogspot.com/2007/08/thunderbird-email-accounts-across.html
2008-02-14 18:57:14 UTC
How do I export e-mail messages to another mail program or computer?

Thunderbird's mail files are in the standard plain text "mbox" format, which almost all mail programs can use or import. Many proprietary mail programs have a function to import from Eudora, which also uses the "mbox" format; this function should read your Mozilla mail files properly.

Your mail files are inside your profile (see the Profile Folder), in the Mail and (if you use IMAP) ImapMail folders. Each mail folder (Inbox, Sent, etc.) is stored as two files — one with no extension (e.g. INBOX), which is the mail file itself (in "mbox" format), and one with an .msf extension (e.g. INBOX.msf), which is the index (Mail Summary File) to the mail file. Tell the other program to import mail from the file with no extension.

If you want to transfer a mail file to another Mozilla profile or another installation of Mozilla, simply put the mail file into the other installation's Mail folder.

Locate your profile folder

Knowing where your profile folder is stored can be useful if, for example, you want to make a backup of your personal data.

* On Windows Vista/XP/2000, the path is usually %AppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\ on Windows XP/2000 or C:\users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\ on Windows Vista, and the rest should be obvious.

* On Windows 95/98/Me, the path is usually C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

* On Linux, the path is usually ~/.thunderbird/xxxxxxxx.default/

* On Mac OS X, the path is usually ~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/

%AppData% is a shorthand for the Application Data path on Windows 2000/XP/Vista. To use it, click Start > Run... (use the search box on Vista), enter %AppData% and press Enter. You will be taken to the "real" folder, which is normally C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data on Windows XP/2000, C:\users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming on Windows Vista.