Question:
i need a serious computer genius's help
2008-08-08 12:11:39 UTC
ok last night my computer got like 963 viruses at once. i have AVG installed which is doing absolutly nothing and i have window xp apyware that i istaled then later i found out that u have to pay for it what can i do that is free. my dad wont let me install anything that he has to pay please help nowwww my computer has gone reallly SLOW
Six answers:
Cupcake
2008-08-08 12:15:38 UTC
The Windows XP Spyware you are seeing is actually THE virus. You need to use something else, try download Avast from http://www.avast.com use the home version, install and choose to scan when next restart, and choose option 2 to delete all virus found.
Ian C
2008-08-08 19:17:13 UTC
well this windows xp spyware is probably the source of the viruses and when you install a program thats going to download them then yeah a free anti-virus can't do much to stop them i suggest using these products AVG 8.0 free, Ad-aware 2008 Free, Threatfire Free, CCleaner Free. Now i'm not sure that they will be able to clean out what you have done to the PC so you migh hace to reformat
?
2008-08-08 22:04:38 UTC
ok, firstly AVG is good, you must reboot your pc and start in safe mode, as you start pc, press and hold F8 and choose safe mode, run AVG in full scan, if you believe that the xp spyware is a virus, goto control panel then Add and remove programs, check to see if this program is installed, then unistall it, then reboot pc into normal mode, run AVG again.

AVG newest release comes with an antispyware, its free and very good, I suggest you download this newer version from download.com, and make sure you enable automatic updates on AVG

if problems persist, repeat the above
2008-08-08 19:16:24 UTC
superantispyware.com get the free version and it will clean your system. You may need to get into safe mode if you have that many.

To get in safe mode press the delete key a few times as soon as the computer turns on. Just download superantispyware first.
Jagdeep
2008-08-08 19:18:07 UTC
u should either buy a anti virus program like Norton or u should call the guys who fix computers called GEEKS i think it was they do it for cheap ...... OR THE BEST OPTION IS TO REBUT YOUR COMPUTER
2008-08-08 19:17:35 UTC
try avast its relly good and simple to use