Question:
Laptop not connecting or recognising wireless connection?
2008-03-31 14:42:30 UTC
My laptop isn't picking up the wireless connection from the router. The other laptop in the house picks it up fine, and mine was too until last night. I changed nothing, but the screen started flickering and the laptop suddenly wouldn't recognise the battery charger. I fidgeted with it and fixed this problem, but the laptop is still not accessing the Internet. It doesn't even pick up the signal. Any suggestions?

P.S. I don't have a wireless switch on my model - it's a Dell Latitude D610. My router is a Linksys 2.4GHz. I even tried restoring the system to an earlier checkpoint with no luck. Please, any help would be appreciated.
Four answers:
Ants B
2008-03-31 14:47:35 UTC
Reset your IP Address and this will reset your connection, fixed mine cause mines was similar to your problem a few months back
zamor
2016-11-15 05:02:22 UTC
some laptops have a small button that turns the instantaneous on and rancid.. verify for this and make effective that's became on. that's a trouble-free mistake. The button is now and lower back imprecise and demanding to discover.. on HP laptops that's often the colour of the encircling case. There additionally ought to be a shortcut key mixture that grow to be hit which will turn it off. in many cases function+F2 or something... If it is not it there's a application or hardware failure.
Michele C
2008-03-31 14:45:28 UTC
try making a new connection

that often fixes it
Darlin1_66
2008-03-31 14:50:24 UTC
it could be your internal wireless modem.