Question:
BIOS password problem?
?
2014-07-19 05:06:02 UTC
I need to kill or to discover my desktop BIOS password. I've tried using cmospwd, but every time I try to execute ioperm.exe -i i get an installation error saying OpenSCManager function call failed. Error: ioperm.sys installation failed. Tried to google it but found nothing useful. Can anyone help me?
Three answers:
2014-07-20 02:32:34 UTC
remove the battery from your motherboard and wait for some time. then restart you pc.
EPA Systems
2014-07-19 05:31:20 UTC
Remove the battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes! Or shortcircuit Clear CMOS jumper! Before this, disconnect computer from the power network!
?
2014-07-19 05:10:21 UTC
If your BIOS is locked up, there's little chance of getting back into it without "flashing" it. I would read up on this first to be clear on what you're proposing to do, because it's hardly ever required outside of a data center: http://blog.superuser.com/2011/04/03/what-is-flashing-the-bios/